Columbus City Schools – Important Transportation Information
Interim State Superintendent Siddens and Ohio Department of Education staff have met with representatives of Columbus City School (CCS) and below is an update:
- CCS will provide to the community and nonpublic schools updated rosters as well as rosters for the new routes to begin in January for verification. CCS will take any edits or updates once they receive verification from the schools.
- CCS confirmed that all schools should be receiving daily communication on late or uncovered routes due to staff shortages via text, email, or phone call. CCS requests that schools not receiving these notifications should provide CCS with updated contact information.
- CCS asks that nonpublic schools assist with recruiting school bus drivers. CCS will supply the schools with a recruitment flyer and will consider creating signs for posting as well. Please let the ODE know at firstname.lastname@example.org if your school is willing to assist.
- CCS states that all students will be rerouted to new routes after Christmas break beginning in January. All schools will receive a copy of the rosters starting December 5th to alert families of the pending reroute. The communication plan for these new routes are as follows:
- The week of November 28th, CCS will send updated route files to schools which will begin January 3rd and schools will be asked to make students aware of the new routes.
- The week of December 5th CCS drivers will pass out reminders for the new routes to students.
- Starting the week of December 12 and through the winter break, the CCS communication team will continue to update families via robocalls, texts, and emails. Parents will be asked to confirm the route information on their parent portal.
Schools should direct any questions regarding routing to the CCS call center at 614-365-5074, which is open daily from 6:00am to 7:00pm. The call center will be closed on the following dates: 11/24-11/25, 12/22-12/23, 12/26, 12/30 and 1/2/23 to observe the holidays.