EdChoice Scholarship Program Update
Legislation passed by the Ohio General Assembly on March 25, 2020 changes eligibility for Ohio’s EdChoice Scholarship Program for the upcoming school year.
EdChoice Scholarship (traditional performance-based)
- The list of eligible buildings is ‘frozen’ and includes only the 517 buildings identified as eligible for scholarships awarded for the current school year.
- Eligible students include:
- A student receiving a scholarship during 2019-20 school year
- A sibling of a student that had a scholarship during 2019-20 (Changes include a clarified that the definition of siblings includes foster, kinship care, guardianship.)
- A student who is enrolled in, or would be enrolled in, a school building that satisfied the conditions for eligibility for performance-based scholarships in the 2019-2020 school year, and was enrolled in a public or nonpublic school in any of grades K-12 or was homeschooled for the equivalent of those grades in the 2019-2020 school year.
- A student who was eligible for a scholarship for the 2019-20 school year, regardless of whether the student received a scholarship, remains eligible for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Application period opens April 1, 2020
There were no changes to the Low-Income EdChoice(expansion), Cleveland, Peterson, or Autism Scholarship eligibility.
Questions? Please call School Choice Ohio at 614-223-1743 or 1-800-673-5876 or contact us by email here.